SGL Carbon GmbH
SGL Carbon CAE Services evolved from the Modeling and Simulation Group of SGL Carbon. As such, we hold unique expertise in multiphysics simulation of manufacturing processes for complex materials. Our simulations also support design and development of industrial ovens, chemical reactors, and energy storage. These problems are typically characterized by very high temperatures, chemical reactions, or phase change, as well as mass transport. Our expertise in multiphysics simulations is supplemented by proven skills in material property determination and model validation.
Our staff is comprised of highly skilled engineers, most of them with PhD degrees and long-term experience gained in scientific institutes and industrial R&D departments. Additionally, being part of a large industrial company enables access to a well-equipped in-house laboratory with experienced operators. With all these assets, we help our customers to turn simulation insight into business value.
Areas of Expertise
- Electromagnetic heating
- Thermal-structure coupling
- Nonisothermal flow and conjugate heat transfer
- Heat transfer by radiation
- Phase change materials
- Multiphase flow
- Solid-state and pore diffusion with chemical reactions
- Electrochemistry and energy storage (lithium-ion battery, redox flow, fuel cell)
- Analysis of X-ray tomography and optical microscopy images
- Determination of properties through inverse simulation
- Root cause analysis
- Design optimization of manufacturing tools
- Generation of simulation apps
Figure 1: Transport phenomena in multiphase materials.
Figure 2: Composite charging systems for sintering.
Figure 3: Crystal growth.
Figure 4: Inductively heated reactors.
Figure 5: Pore flow.