Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Now available: COMSOL 5.2a Update 2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that COMSOL 5.2a update 2 is now available for download.

This is a quick installation to keep your software current and stable. It applies to version 5.2a of COMSOL Multiphysics and Application Builder, COMSOL Server, COMSOL Client, and several add-on products.

Featured enhancements include:
- Up to 10 x performance improvement for handling of large models, including faster selections, virtual geometry operations, and meshing, as compared to version 5.1 and earlier versions.
- Support for macOS™ Sierra.
- New Rotordynamics Module is available as an optional add-on to the Structural Mechanics Module.
- Stability improvements for all products.

To download the update and see more details, visit:
www.comsol.com/product-update/5.2a

Update 2 is included in the latest version 5.2a of the software available for download at:
www.comsol.com/product-download

Enjoy!
Valerio

--
Valerio Marra, PhD
Marketing Director
COMSOL, Inc.
+1-781-273-3322
valerio@comsol.com

3 Replies Last Post Feb 8, 2017, 9:26 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Valerio Marra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 3, 2017, 11:21 a.m. EST
Hi !

I'm running my comsol 5.2a (just downloaded yearsterday from the link you posted) on macOS Sierra 10.12.3. The problem is comsol Multiphysics is working good but I cannot start comsol with matlab. It seems like matlab cannot be "identified by comsol". I checked the previous posts and tried to modify comsol.ini and comsolmphserver.ini in text.exe in order to get the correct matlab path but unfortunately in vain. The matlab version is 2016b. Do u have any suggestions for the compatibility of Comsol 5.2a running on macOS Sierra 10.12.3?

Looking forward to your respond
Best Regards

Zhi
Hi ! I'm running my comsol 5.2a (just downloaded yearsterday from the link you posted) on macOS Sierra 10.12.3. The problem is comsol Multiphysics is working good but I cannot start comsol with matlab. It seems like matlab cannot be "identified by comsol". I checked the previous posts and tried to modify comsol.ini and comsolmphserver.ini in text.exe in order to get the correct matlab path but unfortunately in vain. The matlab version is 2016b. Do u have any suggestions for the compatibility of Comsol 5.2a running on macOS Sierra 10.12.3? Looking forward to your respond Best Regards Zhi

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 3, 2017, 3:08 p.m. EST
Hi Zhi,

I suggest to contact our Technical Support Team at www.comsol.com/support.

Best regards,
Valerio

--
Valerio Marra, PhD
Marketing Director
COMSOL, Inc.
+1-781-273-3322
valerio@comsol.com
Hi Zhi, I suggest to contact our Technical Support Team at https://www.comsol.com/support. Best regards, Valerio -- Valerio Marra, PhD Marketing Director COMSOL, Inc. +1-781-273-3322 valerio@comsol.com

Sean He COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 8, 2017, 9:26 p.m. EST
As previously suggested, you may contact our support team at: support@comsol.com
As previously suggested, you may contact our support team at: support@comsol.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.