Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inlet stream under an angle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to simulate a fluid flow that enters a room under an angle. I can't use a cylinder (which I rotated to achieve the right angle), because I am not able to use one end as an inlet and I don't know why. Can anybody help me out?

2 Replies Last Post Oct 13, 2016, 4:15 a.m. EDT

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 11, 2016, 2:39 p.m. EDT
Inspect the geometry model as you might have created the surface only for cylinder.

Inspect the geometry model as you might have created the surface only for cylinder.

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 13, 2016, 4:15 a.m. EDT
Dear mr Birla,
Thank you for your response. All parts of my model are solid. After I made a union, I sometimes get the error that there is a segregated group. The flow also diverges regarding the model while it should become stationary... Do you know any other settings where I can take a look at? All hints are welcome...
Dear mr Birla, Thank you for your response. All parts of my model are solid. After I made a union, I sometimes get the error that there is a segregated group. The flow also diverges regarding the model while it should become stationary... Do you know any other settings where I can take a look at? All hints are welcome...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.