Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Meshing, "Internal error in boundary respecting"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I try to mesh a 3D model, that I´ve imported from a CAD file with a lot of cylindrical parts and narrow spaces between parts. At the beginning I got an intersecting error, so i made the mesh smaller.
Now I always get the "Internal error in boundary respecting" error. I tried meshing the faces or edges first and partitioning the mesh, but it gave me the same error. I also tried to make the mesh smaller and smaller, but it didnt help.
The part that gives me the problem is a cylinder with a torus shaped part around it. Both surrounded by an air box.
The error that is: The 'air box' could not be generated, because of an "Internal error in boundary respecting" on the face of the cylinder.

I am grateful for any help I can get.
Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Oct 26, 2016, 11:51 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Philipp Wienkamp

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.