Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with transmission spectrum in optical ring notch filter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to get the transmission spectrum of ring resonator coupled with straight waveguide system. And trying to get the relationship between the distance and coupling coefficient.

The tutorial gives a very good example on how to use beam envelope to get transmission spectrum.
They set the phase of electric field in the left part(waveguide part) and right part(ring) separately, as shown in attached picture. And use S-parameter to obtain the transmission spectrum.

However, even if I just increase the thickness of the cladding layer by 0.5um, the final results changes greatly ( I mean the transmission dip shift several nanometers and the transmission goes up to 1).
That's why I find that when I tried to use the example to obtain the transmission in other ring system, it does not work.

Does anyone could please explain the reason and told me how to get the transmission spectrum for ring resonator system? Really appreciate the help!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 21, 2017, 6:00 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 跃德 杨

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.