Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Maximum of an auxiliary sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Using a auxiliary sweep I evaluate a 3D solid mechanics model for subsequent prescribed deformations. Anywhere in that auxiliary sweep I expect a maximum and minimum value of the results I am interested in (total energy, center of mass, etc.).

I want to use these values in a comsol optimization solver. So the steps I want to take:

1) Initialize the design
2) run a auxiliary sweep [lets say: "SWEEP: range(0,0.1,1)"]
3) select a maximum value [let say: "max(solid.Ws_tot)"]
4) assign that value to the optimization solver
5) Go back to 2 until convergence.

I know how to take all these steps, except step 3. I know the maximum operator (maximum as function of the volume) and the attimemax function (maximum as function of the time), but both cannot be used to evaluate a maximum as function of a sweep parameter.

Can anyone help me out?

Kind regards,
Rijk

0 Replies Last Post Apr 3, 2017, 8:03 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rijk van Manen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.