Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Semiconductor diode model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the Semiconductor diode model of the Model Library.
I want to add more METAL layers above anode and blow cathode.
How can I define the boundary condition?

I think that the conduction and DC mode should be introduced to those METAL layers only. (or should be applied to even to the pre-existing semiconductor layers?)

Then how to set the boundary condition at the interface of new METAL layer and the pre-existing semiconductor layer?

Thanks
Ryan

1 Reply Last Post Feb 21, 2011, 7:32 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 21, 2011, 7:32 a.m. EST

In the Semiconductor diode model of the Model Library.
I want to add more METAL layers above anode and blow cathode.
How can I define the boundary condition?

I think that the conduction and DC mode should be introduced to those METAL layers only. (or should be applied to even to the pre-existing semiconductor layers?)

Then how to set the boundary condition at the interface of new METAL layer and the pre-existing semiconductor layer?

Thanks
Ryan

Did you mean you want to increase contact thickness or something else
[QUOTE] In the Semiconductor diode model of the Model Library. I want to add more METAL layers above anode and blow cathode. How can I define the boundary condition? I think that the conduction and DC mode should be introduced to those METAL layers only. (or should be applied to even to the pre-existing semiconductor layers?) Then how to set the boundary condition at the interface of new METAL layer and the pre-existing semiconductor layer? Thanks Ryan [/QUOTE] Did you mean you want to increase contact thickness or something else

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.