Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pull-in voltage of resonator in 2D - keep getting inverted mesh elements

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to find the pull-in voltage of a beam in 2D, essentially exactly as is done in the "Pull-in Voltage for a Biased Resonator-2D" model in the application gallery. The only differences are the dimensions (my bar is 100 nm thick, 15um wide) and the material (aluminium). I've tried different (types/sizes of) meshes but that doesn't help. The only thing that seems to help is to make the bar unrealistically thick (like 400 nm).

Usually I get an error something along the lines of "Maximum number of Newton iterations reached" , with a ton of inverted mesh elements in the warnings.

I'm pretty much out of ideas. All I want is to get the pull-in voltage but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've attached the simulation file.

1 Reply Last Post May 12, 2017, 7:11 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago May 12, 2017, 7:11 a.m. EDT
Hi Thomas,

I saw your question on the forum. Please send your question directly to support@comsol.com.

Best regards,

Yara Soares

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer
Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212
www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Thomas, I saw your question on the forum. Please send your question directly to support@comsol.com. Best regards, Yara Soares -------------------------------------------------------------------------- COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.