Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Weak contribution for phase field- sign covention

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

If I understand correctly, weak contribution is the term that can be added in COMSOL for additional source term in governing equation. However, I do not know if this is being added on left or right hand side of the equation (This determine the sign convention of my weak contribution).

Example of phase field weak expression is: test(psi)*phi_source which is source term of level set equation.

Does anyone know if my source term is on right hand side, would the weak expression be +ve or -ve sign? Really appreciate if you could help if you done this before, particularly in phase field.

0 Replies Last Post May 30, 2017, 11:07 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jayden Tan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.