Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

from a laminar static mixer to another tube

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone!

At first thank you for your time and suggestions.

I'd like to model a gas flow in a pipe with a velocity not only depending from only one direction (i.e. not a irrotational flow). I manged to solve the model laminar_static_mixer and it gave the behavior I'm interested in.

Now I'd like to use the outlet velocity profile to start a new pipe in 3D and I also inspired myself from the model flow-through-a-pipe-elbow with the general extrusion. From the Geometric entity level list, I choosed Boundary and select the outlet boundary On the Destination Map section: x=x, y=y and z=12*Ra (the altitude of the outlet of the pipe) For my 2nd component inlet I used: comp1.genext1(w) for uz for example I lauched the first and second studies selecting only one composant and, for the second one indicating that some variables has already been solved. No errors but the velocity is equal to 0 everywhere... My first question: is there a way to plot the general extrusion data I'm interested in to view if I'm wrong somewhere?

Then I tried to export the velocity profile to a file. I managed to export it in another comsol model but the dimemsions are in "mm" and the imported file is read as "m". It should not be important however when I wrote as intlet velocity profile "u_import(x x 1000, y x 1000)" I got another error: Undefined value found in x noPeriodthe constraint residual vectorcolon NaN or Inf in vector

Is someone better than me to model this extrusion?

Regards

0 Replies Last Post Dec 11, 2017, 8:10 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fabien Dhainaut

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.