Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry Renaming

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I am experiencing a strange problem that I am curious if anyone else is experiencing. Everything I save a file that has specific names (or even the auto generated ones) and close COMSOL, upon reopening the file all the names are switched around. So now I would have Cylinders named BLK1 or particle names being swtiched with substrate names.

Its doesn't appear to be changing any of the physics, however its rather annoying as I have to go in and rename everything each time so I don't confuse myself when working on the physics settings.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 13, 2009, 1:37 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 13, 2009, 1:37 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I see the same from time to time, don't know why. I refrain from naming geometry now. Instead, I use named groups for the parameters.

Regards
Matthias
Hi, I see the same from time to time, don't know why. I refrain from naming geometry now. Instead, I use named groups for the parameters. Regards Matthias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.