Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LiveLink for Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there a way to call/open LiveLink for Matlab using regular Matlab? Or is there a way to run comsol model using just regular Matlab? I want to put my model in a function file and I need it to run through regular Matlab. What is the difference in system of Matlab and Comsol with Matlab?

1 Reply Last Post Apr 24, 2018, 4:04 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 24, 2018, 4:04 a.m. EDT

Hi

You can use the function mphstart to connect to a Comsol Multiphysics Server from a regular Matlab session. This is described in the LiveLink for Matlab User's Guide in the section titled: "Connecting a COMSOL server and MATLAB® Manually".

The mphstart function makes sure that Matlab can find the required Comsol libraries that are needed in order to use the Comsol API from Matlab and it also connects to the Comsol Multiphysics Server.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi You can use the function mphstart to connect to a Comsol Multiphysics Server from a regular Matlab session. This is described in the LiveLink for Matlab User's Guide in the section titled: "Connecting a COMSOL server and MATLAB® Manually". The mphstart function makes sure that Matlab can find the required Comsol libraries that are needed in order to use the Comsol API from Matlab and it also connects to the Comsol Multiphysics Server.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.