Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transmission and Reflection Spectra of a Resonant Cavity Structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I would like to discuss some queries regarding the Transmission and Reflection Spectra of a 2D resonant cavity structure which I have simulated in COMSOL 5.3.

The resonant cavity structure comprises different layers of Group-IV family of materials (Si/Ge/Sn) stacked one above the other. For the simulation, I have defined two ports in the given structure, one of which originates from the layer of the active region to transmit energy in the upward direction. While another port is located at the top layer of the structure where a certain amount of energy leaves, absorb and reflect back into the structure. Please find the structure in the attachment.

After simulation I am getting a transmission spectrum with transmitivity greater than 1.Since the transmitivity,reflectivity always lies between 0 to 1, what are the changes that need to be done in my structure tree to make it scale down between 0 - 1. Do I need to consider some boundary conditions?, if yes what exactly are they and how can I do that?

Note: Please find the transmission and reflection spectra graphs of the simulation in the attachment.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 14, 2018, 10:40 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Jun 14, 2018, 10:40 a.m. EDT

I met the same problem with you.

I met the same problem with you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.