Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adaptive mesh refinement error indicator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using the general form PDE option from the mathematics package to solve some equation and I would like to use adaptive meshing. The default error indicator is sqrt(comp1.u5x^2+comp1.u5y^2) (my dependent variables are u1-u5), however I have not been able to find any documentation on what this comp1 variable is. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 31, 2018, 5:35 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 31, 2018, 5:35 a.m. EDT

Hi Sam,

"comp1" is your model basically. You can have several models in your study (usually you have one, but you can have more) and their are named according to the order you create them. So the first is comp1, the second is comp2 and so on.

Regarding you error, I am not sure I can help you because I have never used an adaptive mesh. But if your expression works for u1-u4 and fails for u5 it must be something related to this variable itself.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Nichal

Hi Sam, "comp1" is your model basically. You can have several models in your study (usually you have one, but you can have more) and their are named according to the order you create them. So the first is comp1, the second is comp2 and so on. Regarding you error, I am not sure I can help you because I have never used an adaptive mesh. But if your expression works for u1-u4 and fails for u5 it must be something related to this variable itself. Hope this helps. Best, Nichal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.