Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving the Position of Upper Boundary in a 2D Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a 2D heat transfer model in which the position of my upper boundary changes with time. Let's say from t = 0 to 300 days , the upper boundary lies at y = 5 m. After 300 days, the upper boundary shifts from y = 5 m to y = 5 + 5m as another layer is placed on top of the existing layer. So, from t = 300 to 600 days, it stays at y = 10 m and so on, for other consecutive layers which are placed on top. Therefore, my upper boundary is moving up along the y axis with time. One way to do such an analysis is to do divide the placement of different layers into separate studies and conduct an analysis such that the results of the previous simulation are carried forward to the next and so on so forth. But if I want to do the entire analysis in a single study, what are my options?

Thanks, Simran

0 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2018, 12:11 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simran Kaur

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.