Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rayleigh-Plesset simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am in the process of modelling some microbubble-microchannel acoustic behaviour.

During this process, I am trying to check (before going into massive files) that the gas (air) bubble follows the Ideal Gas Law as well as its radial expansion follows the Rayleigh-Plesset equation. Although coming accross several tutorials about how to introduce the internal pressure (as pressure inside bubble will change with wall deformation, so pv^gamma = cte), and also checking the Ideal Gas checkbox in the Fluid properties of the pressure domain, this doesn't seem to be actually working.

I've been doing some research for a few weeks now and I can't find anyone able to do this. Has anyone tried to run some similar problem? If so,any success? Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks,

GVB

0 Replies Last Post Oct 19, 2018, 12:41 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello G VB

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.