Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current sources with different frequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings,

I am trying to simulate interferential stimulation, where 2 pairs or more electrodes are applying different AC frequencies. Is it possible to do that in COMSOL? It seems that when I use frequency domain I can only use one frequency at a time.

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 10, 2018, 2:05 p.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 10, 2018, 2:05 p.m. EST

Reuben,

as long as the model physics is linear, different frequencies will not interact. So you can do a frequency sweep and look at the components in post processing. If the model is nonlinear you have to do a transient study and there you can apply any waveform, e.g. a superposition of different harmonic signals.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Reuben, as long as the model physics is linear, different frequencies will not interact. So you can do a frequency sweep and look at the components in post processing. If the model is nonlinear you have to do a transient study and there you can apply any waveform, e.g. a superposition of different harmonic signals. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.