Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Incorporating Thermoelectric and Solid mechanics Physics together

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been working with Thermoelectric generator module design in thermoelectric Multiphysics (HeatTransfer+Electric Current). Its working fine alone and gives result.

Next, I tried to tried to added Solid mechanics (Stress analysis) physics in the same project, to analyse the electric output at various stress, but the Error to provide the Cp value in solid1(i.e Solid mechanics domain) appears.

Kindly refer to the image attached , I have selected the following domain

all 3 -> electrode+TE leg+PDMS for Solid machanics physics ;

electrode+TE legs for electric current physics ;

electrode+TE legs for heat tranfer physics ;

Why does above error appear? When in different project the same geomentry with solid mechanics alone without thermoelectric physics, it worksfine.

How can I combine and work with these two physics ?

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 26, 2019, 11:46 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aagash Mugilan K

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.