Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with Interpolation (Comsol 5.3a)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

this simulation model interpolates a data from a file which plots refractive index and voltage. It is able to import the file but when I start to run the model, it fails. I think there is a problem with defining the units/function in the interpolation section.

The error says: Circular variable dependency detected. - Variable: comp1.mat5.rfi.n_iso - Geometry: geom1 - Domains: 3, 5

Can anyone help me figure out the problem?

Kind regards, Grace

2 Replies Last Post Apr 18, 2019, 11:01 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 17, 2019, 12:15 p.m. EDT

Hi Yolanda,

I think you appended wrong file.

Anyway, the error message indicates that the refractive index in the material with tag 'mat5' depends on its own value.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Yolanda, I think you appended wrong file. Anyway, the error message indicates that the refractive index in the material with tag 'mat5' depends on its own value. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 18, 2019, 11:01 a.m. EDT

Hi Yolanda,

I think you appended wrong file.

Anyway, the error message indicates that the refractive index in the material with tag 'mat5' depends on its own value.

Regards,
Henrik

Hi,

it seems like the file is too big to be uploaded. I don't quite understand what you mean by 'depends on its own value'. Could you please explain what you mean by it?

Kind regards, Grace

>Hi Yolanda, > >I think you appended wrong file. > >Anyway, the error message indicates that the refractive index in the material with tag 'mat5' depends on its own value. > >Regards, >Henrik Hi, it seems like the file is too big to be uploaded. I don't quite understand what you mean by 'depends on its own value'. Could you please explain what you mean by it? Kind regards, Grace

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.