Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extracting results of specified coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am doing simulation and got a results of 2D plot as shown below. I want to extract the output of specific coordinates for example coordinate of (0,-1100), (1,-1100), ... (45, -400) , etc.. Do you know how to extract this information automatically? I know how to use the evaluation features but it is manual and not automatic.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Oct 16, 2019, 4:22 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 16, 2019, 4:22 a.m. EDT

Define a 2D point (or 3D point if your model is 3D) data set in your results node for each point you want to extract values for. Then add a 1D plot group using the new data set as the source.

If the points are in a regular pattern you may be able to use the array type dataset.

Define a 2D point (or 3D point if your model is 3D) data set in your results node for each point you want to extract values for. Then add a 1D plot group using the new data set as the source. If the points are in a regular pattern you may be able to use the array type dataset.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.