Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Separate Studies in 5.5 Results in Undefined Variable Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am running a frequency domain simulation with the wave optics module to measure the resitive losses (ewfd.Qe) for an optical absorber. I then feed that value as a heat source into a time dependent simulation for solid state heat transfer. This simulation was working perfectly on 5.4 and as soon as I updated to 5.5 I get the "Undefined variable" error when I try to run my heat transfer study. Any ideas or help that you may have is appreciated!

P.S. - The time dependent solver does not follow the specified logarithmic time steps. I have had this issue with 5.4 as well but never was able to figure it out.

Undefined variable.
- Variable: freq
- Geometry: geom1
- Domain: 2
Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: comp1.ewfd.Hy
- Expression: (0.5*comp1.ewfd.iomega)*(((comp1.ewfd.Bx*conj(comp1.ewfd.Hx))+(comp1.ewfd.By*conj(comp1.ewfd.Hy)))+(comp1.ewfd.Bz*conj(comp1.ewfd.Hz))) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: dvol*(comp1.ht.hs1.Q*comp1.ht.d)
- Expression: (comp1.ht.hs1.Q*test(comp1.T)*comp1.ht.d)*(dvol)

0 Replies Last Post Apr 21, 2020, 1:41 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jon Stewart

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.