Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing a fracture network geometry creating m-file to comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day.

I am attempting to simulated flow through 3-D Discrete fracture networks and have a matlab code for the statistical generation of my different geometries. Please does anyone know how i can export this to COMSOL so that i can couple it to the flow equations for solving.
I will really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post Mar 7, 2012, 9:56 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 7, 2012, 3:31 a.m. EST
Hi,
do you have Matlab LiveLink for COMSOL?
How does the fracture geometry data look like?
Regards
Hi, do you have Matlab LiveLink for COMSOL? How does the fracture geometry data look like? Regards

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 7, 2012, 9:56 a.m. EST
Thanks for your interest in my question
The data I have in MATLAB consists of a matrix to represent the x, y and z coordinates of the fracture centers, a vector representing the length of the fracture, another vector representing the aperture and a vector describing the orientation(angle of inclination) of the fractures in space. I am having challenges visualizing the data on MATLAB space too but since the ultimate goal is to import the geometry to COMSOl so as to solve the fflow equations.. i thought COMSOL might just have a way to display the results i wanted.
I do have access to MATLab Livelink.
Looking forward to your help with this.

Regards,
Toyin.
Thanks for your interest in my question The data I have in MATLAB consists of a matrix to represent the x, y and z coordinates of the fracture centers, a vector representing the length of the fracture, another vector representing the aperture and a vector describing the orientation(angle of inclination) of the fractures in space. I am having challenges visualizing the data on MATLAB space too but since the ultimate goal is to import the geometry to COMSOl so as to solve the fflow equations.. i thought COMSOL might just have a way to display the results i wanted. I do have access to MATLab Livelink. Looking forward to your help with this. Regards, Toyin.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.