Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Which function or command in COMSOL 4.2 is equivalent to "femsol"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I set up a COMSOL 4.2 model to do parameter sweep (Assume parameter name is "n") simulation. For each parameter n(i), I have to update the model coefficients using an interpolation function, and then start to simulate n(i+1). The process is similar to "time-dependent" condition, the only difference is I use a dimensionless "n" instead of t.

In COMSOL 3.5, I just add a loop for parameter n behind the "mesh" section, and use "asseminit", "femsol" and "femstatic" inside this loop to obtain simulation results step by step.

But when I save my model as m.file in COMSOL 4.2, I cannot find any functions.

Problem:
1) How can I control the parameter sweep simulation in Matlab and obtain results and update coefficients step by step?

2) What function or commands are equivalent to those functions I mentioned above?

3) In COMSOL 3.5, I just add my own solution method following meshextend command. Can I delete model.study and model.result in COMSOL 4.2, if the postprocessing is done in matlab?

Thanks a lot

Dan

0 Replies Last Post Mar 7, 2012, 9:49 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhangxian Deng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.