Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What could be the issue with the analytic function?

Sachinthana Pathiranage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I created an analytic function in the global space with the following expression and tried to plot it. However, it doesn't seem to give the expected graph(Please see the graph produced with Matlab). Could someone kindly explain me what I'm missing here?

Expression: exp(-x^2/w^2)+ exp(-(x-d)^2/(w^2))+ exp(-(x+d)^2/(w^2))

2 Replies Last Post Sep 18, 2020, 9:30 a.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 18, 2020, 6:25 a.m. EDT

Hello,

Could it be that you are using the x spatial coordinate for your COMSOL plot? Then if you have too few mesh points the sampling is maybe not sufficient at the peak where the function is very sharp.

What you can do to check this is to go into the plot settings and set "Marker" to "circle" and set the sampling from "interpolated" to "In data points".

Hello, Could it be that you are using the x spatial coordinate for your COMSOL plot? Then if you have too few mesh points the sampling is maybe not sufficient at the peak where the function is very sharp. What you can do to check this is to go into the plot settings and set "Marker" to "circle" and set the sampling from "interpolated" to "In data points".

Sachinthana Pathiranage

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 18, 2020, 9:30 a.m. EDT

Hi Alexis,

That'd be really helpfull. I'll try that out. Thank you so much.

Hi Alexis, That'd be really helpfull. I'll try that out. Thank you so much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.