Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Standing Acoustic Wave thermoviscous acoustics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I'm trying to model a standing acoustics wave in thermoviscous acoustics, but when I use Background Acoustic Field to define my wave it doesn't give me a standing wave, I also used PML but it takes outer boundary as walls and doesn't yield a standing wave. Can anyone help me out? Note that my model is 2D and I want to use scattered wave formulation to compute scattered field psc.

Kind regards Jason

3 Replies Last Post Sep 24, 2020, 2:40 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 24, 2020, 10:40 a.m. EDT

Hi Jason,

I haven't tried it myself, but two background pressure fields with opposite propagation direction should do the job?

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Jason, I haven't tried it myself, but two background pressure fields with opposite propagation direction should do the job? Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 24, 2020, 12:20 p.m. EDT

Hi Jason,

I haven't tried it myself, but two background pressure fields with opposite propagation direction should do the job?

Cheers Edgar

Hi Edgar,

I appreciate your response, I'm using thermoviscous acoustics and when I use any kind of background pressure field it just gives some pressure field not standing wave, someone told me to use PML but I don't know exactly how to use it with my microchannel. My goal is to use p=p+pb formulation to calculate scattered field off an object inside my microchannel.

Kind regards

>Hi Jason, > >I haven't tried it myself, but two background pressure fields with opposite propagation direction should do the job? > >Cheers >Edgar Hi Edgar, I appreciate your response, I'm using thermoviscous acoustics and when I use any kind of background pressure field it just gives some pressure field not standing wave, someone told me to use PML but I don't know exactly how to use it with my microchannel. My goal is to use p=p+pb formulation to calculate scattered field off an object inside my microchannel. Kind regards

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 24, 2020, 2:40 p.m. EDT

You can choose a 'user defined' background field and enter expressions that depend on the spatial variables and time to describe the standing wave.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You can choose a 'user defined' background field and enter expressions that depend on the spatial variables and time to describe the standing wave.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.