Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

with operator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am using comsol 5.4 and I am trying to simulate the pulse plating electrodeposition. I need to draw the coating thickness on a cut line. I used the "with" operator as below to draw the thickness.
(with(1,-siec.iloc_er1)*5.8[s]+with(2,-siec.iloc_er1)*1.2[s])/7.0[s]/rate_factor*plating_time unfortunately, it did not work. I also tried the other way. So I made two different studies and join them in results and then in 1D plot group I usewd the below expresion to draw them ((data1(-cd.iloc_er1)*0.005+data2(-cd.iloc_er1)*0.005)/0.01)/rate_factor*plating_time which send an error of unknwon function or operator. Could you please guide me? Best regards,

2 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2020, 9:19 a.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Oct 17, 2020, 11:13 a.m. EDT

Seems like syntax issue to me. "with" operator works like : with((k,<eqn>),k,1,1000) , here k is just any arbitary symbol and 1,1000 is the range of your simulation, lets say if I frequencies from 1 to 100 then I'll replace 1,1000 by 1,100. Hope this fixes it.

Seems like syntax issue to me. "with" operator works like : with((k,),k,1,1000) , here k is just any arbitary symbol and 1,1000 is the range of your simulation, lets say if I frequencies from 1 to 100 then I'll replace 1,1000 by 1,100. Hope this fixes it.

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 18, 2020, 9:19 a.m. EDT

Thank you Harsh, I will try it :)

Thank you Harsh, I will try it :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.