Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SAW device , application of electric potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am tring to model SAW device for microfluidics. My model is 2D model seen from the top. The electrodes are rectangles on a piezoelctric substrate (as reported in the picture). When I have to apply the electric potential on them, comsol allows the selection of the boundaries only, of the rectangles (blue line in the picture uploaded).

But, is the potential also applied on the nodes inside the rectangles? How I can check if the electric potential is applied to all the electrode?

3 Replies Last Post Mar 3, 2021, 7:56 p.m. EST

Posted: 3 years ago Mar 3, 2021, 11:11 a.m. EST

Any help?

Any help?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Mar 3, 2021, 12:16 p.m. EST

Luigi,

You should use a terminal BC to apply a voltage to a 2D domain. I am not sure about your setup and whether it is suitable to model an SAW device. I recomment to check the SAW example in the application library.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Luigi, You should use a terminal BC to apply a voltage to a 2D domain. I am not sure about your setup and whether it is suitable to model an SAW device. I recomment to check the SAW example in the application library. Cheers Edgar

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Mar 3, 2021, 7:56 p.m. EST

I concur, that geometry does not model a surface acoustic wave, either in plane strain or plane stress.

I concur, that geometry does not model a surface acoustic wave, either in plane strain or plane stress.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.