Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pressure acoustics-Laminar flow-Particle tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to combine the 3 physics using 3 different studies. Frequency domain study for the pressure acoustics, stationary for the laminar flow and time dependent for the particle tracing. However, when I compute the 3rd study (tim dependent), I can only choose for the "Values not solved for" one of the studies and I always get an error. Why does this occur?

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post Mar 9, 2021, 11:32 a.m. EST

Posted: 3 years ago Mar 2, 2021, 4:14 p.m. EST

Hi. You can solve the problem in the same study (single study) or you can solve it in three indipendent studies taking solutions from the previous studies using the command "withsol" (https://doc.comsol.com/5.6/docserver/#!/com.comsol.help.comsol/comsol_ref_definitions.17.026.html%231990211).

Hi. You can solve the problem in the same study (single study) or you can solve it in three indipendent studies taking solutions from the previous studies using the command "withsol" (https://doc.comsol.com/5.6/docserver/#!/com.comsol.help.comsol/comsol_ref_definitions.17.026.html%231990211).

Posted: 3 years ago Mar 9, 2021, 11:32 a.m. EST

Hi Luigi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I solved it in the same study using the "variables not dependent on" in each study!

Hi Luigi, Thank you for your reply. Yes, I solved it in the same study using the "variables not dependent on" in each study!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.