Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to rotate a disc?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have a disc in comsol which I want to rotate and measure results for its 1 complete turn.

I tried using parametric sweep for a range [0,36, 360] and let say measure temperature. However, what happens is comsol calculates temperature for each of its new rotation positions from the starting. Like when the disc is at 300 degree position, the temperature will be calculated from starting for this particular positions. What I want is a continous rotation, like for 360 seconds the disc completes 360 turn. For 300 seconds, the disc is at 300 degree rotation and If i want to see the temperature at 300 seconds it will show me the temperature when the disc is at 300 degree position. The temperature for each position of the disc is dependend on its last positons.

Hope that make sense. I would love to clarify the question, if someone wanna help.

2 Replies Last Post May 13, 2021, 11:41 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago May 13, 2021, 9:11 a.m. EDT

It seems that what you want to do is time-dependent study, not a parametric study.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
It seems that what you want to do is time-dependent study, not a parametric study. Best, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago May 13, 2021, 11:41 p.m. EDT

Thanks for your reply Jeff, I want to measure the temperature for a complete rotation of the disc. Like 360 degree rotation in 360 seconds. In paramteric sweep I get the temperature from 0sec to 360sec for each position of the disc. I want the temperature to be dependent on the disc's previous position. Like for 10 sec it should show temperature when the disc is at 10degree for 15 sec when the disc is at 15 degree and so on.

I hope I did not make it consfusing.

Thanks for your reply Jeff, I want to measure the temperature for a complete rotation of the disc. Like 360 degree rotation in 360 seconds. In paramteric sweep I get the temperature from 0sec to 360sec for each position of the disc. I want the temperature to be dependent on the disc's previous position. Like for 10 sec it should show temperature when the disc is at 10degree for 15 sec when the disc is at 15 degree and so on. I hope I did not make it consfusing.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.