Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fitting equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, after working at laminar flow module i got data as shown in picture below, i need to get an equation of velocity field such as u=f(x,y,z), so i suppose to follow this way: 1)first create a table and load the text file 2)using an interpolation function get the equation

The problem arise when i try to load the table, data aren't reported properly in the table, have you some idea, like follow different method or how fix this problem during the loading of a text file in the table module?

2 Replies Last Post Oct 25, 2021, 9:31 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 25, 2021, 8:29 a.m. EDT

I recommend you to use an interpolation function with Data source set to File as this scales better for large amounts of data. If you want to import the data into the model, use the Import button in the interpolation function.

I recommend you to use an interpolation function with **Data source** set to **File** as this scales better for large amounts of data. If you want to import the data into the model, use the **Import** button in the interpolation function.

Posted: 3 years ago Oct 25, 2021, 9:31 a.m. EDT

thanks so much it worked. Best Regards.

thanks so much it worked. Best Regards.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.