Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Varying Parameter for Cut Line 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a 3D model and I'd like to look at the electrical potential along a particular line within a certainly range. Specifically, I want to plot the potential along multiple cut lines within a cylinder of 1mm radius.

Instead of manually change the x & y coordinates of the Cut Line 3D, I'm wondering whether there exist a function like parameter sweep, which allows me to set up a variable and define its range. (e.g. x from 16 to 17, with step size of 0.1)

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies Last Post Jul 6, 2012, 1:55 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2012, 2:48 a.m. EDT
Hi

you have the additional lines (sub tab of cut line) for that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the additional lines (sub tab of cut line) for that -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2012, 7:31 a.m. EDT
Hi!

This is only in 2D. :-(

Ralf
Hi! This is only in 2D. :-( Ralf

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2012, 1:10 p.m. EDT
Hi

good remark, hadnt noticed the 3D issue, tested it rapidly again in 2D 4.3 htere it was OK.

I believe it's worth you send a suggestion for" improvement" to "support", it shouldnt be that difficult to implement

One thng to try, I'm jumping onm aplane in 2 minutes cannot try it myself, is to define a cut surface in 3D and then a cut line on the cut-surface, perhaps it works.

Pls report back in any case

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi good remark, hadnt noticed the 3D issue, tested it rapidly again in 2D 4.3 htere it was OK. I believe it's worth you send a suggestion for" improvement" to "support", it shouldnt be that difficult to implement One thng to try, I'm jumping onm aplane in 2 minutes cannot try it myself, is to define a cut surface in 3D and then a cut line on the cut-surface, perhaps it works. Pls report back in any case -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2012, 1:55 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I used a cut plane combined with a series of cut line 2D and it works well.

Thank you very much!
Hi, I used a cut plane combined with a series of cut line 2D and it works well. Thank you very much!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.