Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature gradient as a boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hy

I am trying to get temperature distribution on a 3D object because of laser radiation (heat input surface is xy plane). I need to set a boundary condition as DT/Dz=0. Can anyone tell me how to set DT/Dz=0 as a boundary condition?

--Farhad

2 Replies Last Post Oct 9, 2012, 3:01 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 9, 2012, 8:18 a.m. EDT
HI, Farhad

I think it is equivalent to "Thermal Insulation" (or "Zero Flux") condition, which is the default boundary cond. in Heat problems.

Jesus.
HI, Farhad I think it is equivalent to "Thermal Insulation" (or "Zero Flux") condition, which is the default boundary cond. in Heat problems. Jesus.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 9, 2012, 3:01 p.m. EDT
Hi

I'm not sure, I would say rather "open boundary", even if the formula for a symmetry = thermal insulation for an X-Y plane and the d/dz component looks like "=0", as nz = 1

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure, I would say rather "open boundary", even if the formula for a symmetry = thermal insulation for an X-Y plane and the d/dz component looks like "=0", as nz = 1 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.