Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Characterization Of Piezoelectric PVDF-TrFE Films

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I'm trying to model the electromechanical behaviour of a PVDF-TrFE (Copolymer of vinylidene fluoride and vinyl trifluoride) commercial film. I need the coefficients included in the elasticity matrix, the piezoelectric coupling matrix and the permittivity matrix. Neither the revendor provides this kind of characterization of PVDF film nor I can easily find these coefficients in literature. How can I solve this problem? Did anyone studied similar systems?

It would be very appreciated if you could give me some hints.

Thank you. Peter

1 Reply Last Post Aug 17, 2023, 6:28 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 months ago Aug 17, 2023, 6:28 p.m. EDT

If not available from the manufacturer or the literature then there are few alternatives. You may be able to measure a few of the most important parameters. Or consider doing some sort of linear interpolation between the properties of the two consituent materials.

Depending on the simulation objectives you may not need good numbers for all the parameters.

If not available from the manufacturer or the literature then there are few alternatives. You may be able to measure a few of the most important parameters. Or consider doing some sort of linear interpolation between the properties of the two consituent materials. Depending on the simulation objectives you may not need good numbers for all the parameters.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.