Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Preview of open model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When opening model files, there is possibility to show the preview of model.
But all models result in the message "No preview available". How may I switch this possibility on?

7 Replies Last Post Nov 19, 2012, 1:41 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2012, 4:37 a.m. EST
Hi

You must save the preview, select an image in the graphical view and then File save preview

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You must save the preview, select an image in the graphical view and then File save preview -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2012, 6:42 a.m. EST
Thanks.
Unfortunately, I don't see "save preview" in "File" menu.
There is "save model thumbnail", but it does not help.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't see "save preview" in "File" menu. There is "save model thumbnail", but it does not help.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2012, 7:04 a.m. EST
Hi

Hi it might be thumbnail (I'm not by my WS and the naming it depdends on the version I believe to remember.
Then we are not talking aut the same "preview", I was thinking of an icon view to help sort the mpf model files from the directory, without opening them, that's what the thumbnail is for, (if your OS is setup to show the icons)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Hi it might be thumbnail (I'm not by my WS and the naming it depdends on the version I believe to remember. Then we are not talking aut the same "preview", I was thinking of an icon view to help sort the mpf model files from the directory, without opening them, that's what the thumbnail is for, (if your OS is setup to show the icons) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2012, 7:19 a.m. EST
Invar,

what I suppose to see exactly, the model picture instead message "No preview avalable". It could be something like picture in old good interfaces in 3.5. Is it possible?
Invar, what I suppose to see exactly, the model picture instead message "No preview avalable". It could be something like picture in old good interfaces in 3.5. Is it possible?

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2012, 8:21 a.m. EST
Hi
Well that works for me (havent rechecked with 4.3a specifically but why should that have changed?)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well that works for me (havent rechecked with 4.3a specifically but why should that have changed?) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 18, 2012, 8:54 a.m. EST
I believe, it must work. It maybe my stupid mistake.
Could you please to get me your version and detailed sequence of actions for preview saving?
Or could you send me simple model with saved preview?
I believe, it must work. It maybe my stupid mistake. Could you please to get me your version and detailed sequence of actions for preview saving? Or could you send me simple model with saved preview?

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 19, 2012, 1:41 a.m. EST
Hi

for me in 4.3a it works as you said, simply by "File- Save model Thumbnail"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me in 4.3a it works as you said, simply by "File- Save model Thumbnail" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.