finding resonant frequency of a pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a beginner to COMSOL. I would like to find acoustic frequency response of a pipe. I am thinking to use pressure acoustics physics and frequency study. Define an inlet port and outlet port on both ends. What would be the best approach for this project?

1 Reply Last Post Jan 31, 2024, 3:43 a.m. EST
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago Jan 31, 2024, 3:43 a.m. EST

You should go for the simplest approach in the beginning, and preferably something that has an analytical solution in common textbooks. So for example a velocity condition in one end and hard wall at the other. Use Pressure Acoustics and Frequency study as you mention, and plot analytical and numerical solutions together to make sure that everything works.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You should go for the simplest approach in the beginning, and preferably something that has an analytical solution in common textbooks. So for example a velocity condition in one end and hard wall at the other. Use Pressure Acoustics and Frequency study as you mention, and plot analytical and numerical solutions together to make sure that everything works.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.