Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solver or coordinate problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to construct a model with comsol and matlab. I want to use the parametric solver and after retrieve the new coordinates by postinterp().

Now I have the problem, that coordinates do not change. I already have imported the fem-structur from matlab to comsol, solved there and exported back to matlab to get the coordinates. Once this worked and I found a deformation arround the value I expected. I tryed to repeat this calculation with slightly changed parameters, but it doesn't work any more.
Moreover I got memory problems, so I moved to a better computer - but here I have the same problem again.

I do not really want to start the solver from comsol - it was just a test, because starting the sovler from matlab didn't work at all (althoug I use the m-file generated by comsol).

Could anybody please give me a tip how I could procede? Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Mar 8, 2010, 5:31 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sabine Kling

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.