Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

postplot function not working

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I am a new user of the software Comsol. Nowadays I am learning how to use Comsol with Matlab (by writting some scripts). Until now I have executed some examples (found them in Comsol Multiphysics "Reference Guide"), everything works fine but the postprocessing functions (like postplot function). I do not know why but I have always the same errors in Matlab's command window:

??? Undefined function or method 'flgetvector' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Error in ==> flexch at 11
vao = flgetvector(exch.getSize(ind), exch.getAdr(ind));

Error in ==> femmesh.subsref at 29
pCell{i} = flexch('flgetvector',pExch,i-1);

Error in ==> multiphysics\private\geomplot2 at 61
p=m.p;

Error in ==> geomplot at 224
hh=geomplot2(g,prop);

Error in ==> postgeomplot at 47
h = geomplot(geomObject{i},...

Error in ==> postplot at 688
h = postgeomplot(geomObjects,sDim,geomcolor,ax,linewidth);

Error in ==> mbasico at 12
postplot(fem,'tridata','u','contdata','u.*x','triz','u','contz','u');

I have been already searching for a solution but I couldn't find anything related to this problem. Did anyone have the same problem as me? I would be really thankful if someone could give me any hint or idea about it.

Thank you very much,

Cristina

2 Replies Last Post May 24, 2010, 9:33 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2010, 2:15 a.m. EDT
I had the same problem and it was because I installed MATLAB after installing Comsol. Comsol was able to talk to MATLAB but some of the functions seemed to be missing, notably flgetvector and flgetsparse. Scripts would run fine in Comsol Script but fail when I ran them from MATLAB.

I re-ran the Comsol installation and checked the "link with MATLAB" box. That solved the problem.
I had the same problem and it was because I installed MATLAB after installing Comsol. Comsol was able to talk to MATLAB but some of the functions seemed to be missing, notably flgetvector and flgetsparse. Scripts would run fine in Comsol Script but fail when I ran them from MATLAB. I re-ran the Comsol installation and checked the "link with MATLAB" box. That solved the problem.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2010, 9:33 a.m. EDT

Thank you very much for your anwer Frank Myers!!!

I reinstalled Comsol and now the postprocessing functions are working properly, as you suggested I had installed Matlab after installing Comsol (and therefore I had to modify the comsol.opts file to link both programs).

Cristina
Thank you very much for your anwer Frank Myers!!! I reinstalled Comsol and now the postprocessing functions are working properly, as you suggested I had installed Matlab after installing Comsol (and therefore I had to modify the comsol.opts file to link both programs). Cristina

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.