Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

server port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use the below command for the connection to the server:

comsol server -timeout 600 -port 42632 -multi on

The server starts and works well during connection.
When timeout value is passed, it can successfully reinitialise several times during connection. After being disconnected from server, when I start to use the same command for the reconnection, it shows the below message error:

Starting server. Please wait.

COMSOL server failed!
Error: Could not create server socket. Try again or a new port number.
Stack trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create server socket. Try again or a new port number.
at com.femlab.server.FemlabServer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.FemlabServer.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.femlab.server.Launcher.main(Unknown Source) Press Enter to quit!

I have tried several times with different timeout values, but it happens when this time out value finishes, the reinitialisation during connection is ok but for the reconnection the port doest not answer.

Has anyone faced the same problem?

Thanks,
Kamal

0 Replies Last Post Aug 21, 2009, 8:35 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kamal Shahim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.