Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Matrix has zero on diagonal" (AC/DC in 3D)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Has anyone encountered this error in 3D ac/dc quasi-static model?

I found this error can occur even with a single elementary shape without any physics setting.

Is this a bug or did I do anything wrong?

Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post Sep 9, 2010, 5:25 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Punit Prakash

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 6, 2010, 1:42 p.m. EDT
I faced with the same problem and I don't know what to do.
I faced with the same problem and I don't know what to do.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 16, 2010, 3:00 a.m. EDT
I have also the same problem with the same task (AC/DC, Quasi-static). In more details i have the cable model putted in the air and connected to the pspice circuit. Ich have perfectly done the similar task in 2D but in 3d mode - no chance:
"Failed to find consistent initial values. Matrix has zero on diagonal. Last time step is not converged". I have tried all what i know - changed in wide range the step size; different solving methods; pspice impulse begins not from null:
"I_IN 1 0 PULSE(1 100000 1e-7 10e-6 700e-6 0.1e-6)". And i dont know what can i do more.. ill be obliged to everyone help me.
I have also the same problem with the same task (AC/DC, Quasi-static). In more details i have the cable model putted in the air and connected to the pspice circuit. Ich have perfectly done the similar task in 2D but in 3d mode - no chance: "Failed to find consistent initial values. Matrix has zero on diagonal. Last time step is not converged". I have tried all what i know - changed in wide range the step size; different solving methods; pspice impulse begins not from null: "I_IN 1 0 PULSE(1 100000 1e-7 10e-6 700e-6 0.1e-6)". And i dont know what can i do more.. ill be obliged to everyone help me.

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 9, 2010, 5:25 p.m. EDT
With the current solver, u dont have to have zero conductivity, try to change solver or set a non-zero conductivity. when u reached the convergence try to reduce sigma.
With the current solver, u dont have to have zero conductivity, try to change solver or set a non-zero conductivity. when u reached the convergence try to reduce sigma.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.