Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modeling two magnets (one moving, one fixed)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hell everyone!

I am trying to model two magnets (in 2D , i.e. 2 squares) - one is fixed and the other moves along the x-axis with some harmonic law (dx = sin(omega*t).

I defined the variable "t" [i used the generato -2D as a reference where they define t = 0 [sec] among their constants)

I am using the modules "magnetostatics" and "ALE" -

1) I realize that the "magnetostatics" doesn't solve transient problems, but I would like Comsol to solve the problem at each time step statically [i.e. move one of the magnets at the new location and recompute the solution]

2) When i compute the solution I don't even see the "boundary" of one the squares to have moved in time. I did change the conditions to predefined displacements, but nothing happens, so I am not sure what's actually happening.

Can any one perhaps enlighten me?

I am uploading my model, even though the last time I tried to run it , it gave me an error.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 17, 2010, 6:26 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giorgio Calanni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.