Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2 port inductor simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Has anyone setup a simulation for a solenoid inductor for use in the RF physics module? I have a simulation I am trying to do but there are a couple questions I have. How to attach ports to the inductor leads? Working with needed PML's. The inductor has 0.25" lead diameter, coil loop is a little over 1" diameter, and appx 2 turns. Freq of interest is at 40MHz but I want to sweep from 1-100MHz. AC/DC module looks to be falling apart due to radiation from size of the structure/coil. I have looked for example files for anything similar and I found a whole lot of nothing. I want to get s-parameters in the RF module so that I can convert those to ABCD parameters and extract impedance/inductance.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 20, 2010, 11:00 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dennis Brown

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.