My LiveLink interface is not working properly. For example:
- When I try to synchronize my CAD drawing, I get an error that the connection has failed.
- The COMSOL Multiphysics tab or menu does not appear in the CAD software.
- The COMSOL tab does not appear in Excel.
To function properly, the LiveLink interface requires that an add-in is registered with the software you are connecting to. The registration is done during the COMSOL installation, but it may be needed to be performed again in some cases. For example, if the software you are connecting to is installed or re-installed after COMSOL is installed, or if any of the software installation locations have changed.
To re-register the LiveLink add-in using the COMSOL Installer follow these steps:
- Before starting make sure that both COMSOL and the software you are connecting to are turned off.
- Go to the Start menu and then click All Programs > COMSOL Multiphysics 5.6 > COMSOL Launchers. In the window that appears, double-click Setup and click Yes to start the installer. For older versions of COMSOL Multiphysics, you may be able to directly select All Programs > COMSOL Multiphysics 5.2a > Setup from the Start menu. Then, click Yes to start the installer.
- Choose the language of your installation and click Next.
- Click the Add/Remove Products and Reinstall button.
- On the next page, the Products page, click Next. Please note that it is crucial that you do not select/deselect anything. If you have done so, just click Back and go to step 3. above.
- On the Options page, click Next.
- On the LiveLink page, if you have a license for LiveLink for PTC Pro/ENGINEER, and/or LiveLink for PTC Creo Parametric version 5.4 and older, make sure the paths to the installation folders are filled in correctly, then click Next. (The rest of the LiveLink add-ins will be re-registered automatically, no need to point to their installation directories.)
- Click the Install button. As the installer is not installing or uninstalling anything, this page will be empty. This is alright as only a repair and re-registration of installed LiveLink add-ins is carried out.
The installer has now repaired and re-registered the LiveLink interface(s) and the connection should now work as expected. However, if this did not solve the problem, don't hesitate to contact COMSOL's Support.
Browse by CategoryError Messages (63)
Structural Mechanics (3)
Fluid Dynamics (1)
ALE / Parameterized Geometry (1)
Product Information (2)
User Models (1)
COMSOL makes every reasonable effort to verify the information you view on this page. Resources and documents are provided for your information only, and COMSOL makes no explicit or implied claims to their validity. COMSOL does not assume any legal liability for the accuracy of the data disclosed. Any trademarks referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners. Consult your product manuals for complete trademark details.